Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot days and the 4th of July

We spent the last few days trying to keep cool in this crazy heat! Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa Gerber's pool! Grace loved swimming around- as you can see, when Grandpa holds her it puts her right to sleep! She also loved hanging out in her chair on the pool deck and checking out what was going on!
For the 4th of July we began the day at my Uncle Tom's surprise birthday party. It was great to see everyone. The food and the company were great. Then from there we headed down to Salt Fork to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Anderson (and daddy). We had a great (but hot) time and Grace went on her first fishing trip. Not to brag or anything, but I caught 2 fish (while Todd only caught one hehe). :0) We had an enjoyable time before heading back to Columbus.
I started work this week and so far it seems to be going well. It was a hard adjustment especially since I went back to working nights. My body has been fighting sleeping during the day. Unfortunately, my schedule changes every week for the next few weeks as I try to figure out what works best for me and Grace and so I won't have much time to readjust. Grace seems to be doing just fine, however and has a great time at the babysitter with all her new friends! The one little girl seems to think that Grace is her very own real baby doll! It's cute to see them all together though and it will be a good experience for Grace. All in all, the transition was much harder on me than her!















No comments:

Post a Comment