Friday, January 14, 2011

9 months old

Today Grace is 9 months old. I should have been taking her usual photos in her onesie. Instead I have these pictures:Grace Catherine 872 Grace Catherine 874 Grace Catherine 873

I had to take her to Urgent care this evening. Grace has been slightly fussy and “off” this afternoon. I thought she was just tired so we still went and had a play date with Erin and Madison Yoh (which was great). However, when we got home I noticed that she was breathing pretty fast and felt a little warm. I took her temp (102.3) and counted her respirations (90-100 per minute) and decided we needed to go. Several hours later and 3 x-rays and one awful blood draw later we were out the door. It was just a viral infection that we already knew about. However, the fever that she had was making her breath very quickly.  I knew she was sick when my normally very lively little girl just wanted to sit in my lap and be hugged. Seriously, I don’t think in 9 months she has ever wanted that! She’s now asleep in her bed. Here’s hoping she sleeps well tonight.

Also an update on her ears.  She has had pretty much constant ear infections since before Thanksgiving.  Oral antibiotics were not working and so they gave her shots of antibiotics this week. They seem to be working. The next step is to see an ENT.

My poor little girl has had a rough couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment